Code of Conduct
We (the organizers of this meetup) are dedicated to providing a harassment-free meetup experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of meetup attendees in any form. Attendees violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the meetup at the discretion of the meetup organizers.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and those of your fellow attendees. Alert meetup organizers if you notice a dangerous or inappropriate situation or someone in distress.
- We expect all meetup attendees to abide by this code of conduct.
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any attendees.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following.
- Harassing photography or recording.
- Sustained disruption of the meetup.
- Inappropriate physical contact.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, and/or spamming, against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by the organizers, in their sole discretion.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, gender, or ethnic slurs.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, or other illegal drugs.
- Smoking outside of designated areas.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the venue.
Reporting unacceptable behavior
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, or you have experienced or witnessed any unacceptable behavior, please report this with an organizer at the meetup as soon as possible. The organizers are announced at the start of every meetup so that you know who we are.
We will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard when reporting to us, and we may involve other organizers to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone, we won't tell anyone who you are, and reports are and will remain entirely confidential. Unacceptable behavior and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our meetup for everyone. We want you to be happy and feel safe at our meetup.
Participants asked to stop any unacceptable behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, meetup organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the meetup a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion them from the meetup.
For any questions about our code of conduct, you can talk to an organiser at a meetup, or email organiser Adriaan de Jongh. His email address is on his website: https://adriaan.games
This code of conduct is based on Geek Feminism's anti-harassment policy, GDC's Code of Conduct, and the Amsterdam Game Borrel's Code of Conduct.