Hello! I am Adriaan de Jongh, creator of this website and one of the organizers of playdev.club. Your privacy is important to me, and I've written this policy to help you understand what personal information we collect through this website, how we use that information, and how you can remove or request for your information to be removed. In short:
- We collect the personal information you enter in the forms of this website.
- We don't share this information with anyone else, ever.
What information we collect and how we use it
The following personal information is collected when you sign up for a meetup:
- Your full name. This is only used to show your name in the attendee list, meaning this will be shown publicly.
- The name of the game you intend to bring to the meetup. This is only used to show the name of your game beside your name in the attendee list, meaning this will be shown publicly.
- Your email address. This is only used to send you infomation about your registration, such as a confirmation email with a cancellation link, an reminder email with the announcement that the event is about to happen, and possibly any updates about the event or our policies regarding that event. Unlike your full name and your game's name, this is not shown publicly.
- Whether you are part of an underrepresented or overrepresented group in the Dutch game industry. This is only used to calculate each meetup's representation quota, meaning that a script on our server counts the amount of attendees who have indicated that they are part of underrepresented or overrepresented groups in the Dutch game industry, and compares that to the meetup-specific quota we determined when creating the meetup. This information will not be fact-checked, and will not be displayed publicly.
When you sign up for the playdev.club newsletter, we collect:
- Your full name. This is used for the personalised address at the start of newsletter emails to you.
- Your email address. This is used to send you the newsletter.
At the meetup, an organizer or I may take a few photos or a video. These can be used on playdev.club's website or on social media to promote the event.
How to remove or request removal of your information
To remove the personal information we have of you from your registratio for a meetup, click on the 'cancel' link in the confirmation email or contact us.
To remove the personal information we have of you from signing up for the newsletter, click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of a newsletter email or contact us.
Contact us if you wish for any photos or videos we have made that portray you to be removed from our site or our social media.
How to contact us